Saturday, June 5, 2010

Catching Up - Homecoming, August '09 Part 1!


All right, last real "catching up" post and then I can actually get to stuff we did THIS year!! In August of 2009 we rented an RV for the first time ever and road-tripped to Homecoming in style--you can see Kyrie lounging on the couch as we drove, below! We got to camp out on the grounds at Willard's, and decided that we loved cooking and camping out with Shiloh friends (even better when you have air conditioning...yay for the RV!). We learned a lot at the Licensed Breeder meeting and took a TON of photos...of everyone ELSE'S dogs!! The photo above was taken by Jolanda and she kindly sent me a copy. Thanks so much for catching Leo and Zak accepting Best Plush Male of 2009 AND Leo's National Select award, Jolanda!!


Without further ado, here are our photos of everyone else's lovely Shilohs. I tried hard this year to get as many photos as I could. Often I am saddened that there are not more photos of dogs whose names I find in our ISSR pedigrees. They were very well-known when they were showing, but now it is very hard to find photos. So I resolved to take as many as I could, and I managed to get quite a few for the first couple days, at least. It always seems that you run out of steam--or get way too distracted!--later on. I'll try to label all of the dogs in the photos when I can, and I'll do it in two batches. Here we go!

We usually try to go to New Zion for the tour early on, before everything gets so busy! This year I had the presence of mind to take photos of some of my favorite dogs. :) Below, Blue was nice enough to let me get a great profile shot of him in his run:


And Acer was out front, very disgruntled that we'd intruded on his latest "date":


THIS time I even remembered to get a shot of Leo's mom!! Here is Holly, who was such a sweet girl. She was unsure about my hat but let me get a marvelous profile shot of her beautiful face. :)


And finally, that beautiful little pup from the previous year has grown into a lovely lady!! I think this is Grizzla, out in a private run in the garage. I think she was a Gem/Acer pup? All of us were lusting after her in her puppy photos!




Zeus, below, is Holly's brother--which makes him our Leo's uncle!


On the subject of handsome smooth boys, here is the amazing Buckshot, giving us a smile:


Earlier I had a photo of Blue. Here is his daughter, Ella "Boots", in the ring:


And here she is, asking if she really has to go back and run AGAIN:


And on the subject of hot Shiloh guys, Kyrie informs me that I had better put up this photo of Leo's half-brother, Iso. Apparently he's on Kyrie's "hunk" list. I wouldn't be surprised if she's printing out this photo in poster form to put up in her crate right now!


And a head shot (can't tell I really like Iso either, huh?):


Here is Sheila with the lovely Joy, who has won so many awards that I, slacker that I am, can't even recite them all:


Here is our friend Carla with the always-handsome Ender in the ring! Ender is Leo's half-brother:


A few more in-the-ring photos, from Friday I think:




And we will close this entry with a gorgeous upstate sunset!



We hope you enjoyed our photos—check back soon for another Leo update!

No comments: