Friday, July 23, 2010

Leo's Color


On our Shiloh Shepherd boards, Ma (our breed founder) made a post that there have been lots of questions about sables and duals and how our dogs change color from when they are puppies to what they look like as adults. Sables will often darken, sometimes dramatically! If you click on the right sidebar on the 2007 posts, you will see what Leo looked like as a puppy. The photos above and below are what he looks like now! Apologies for the photo quality--we were outside after a rain and I snapped these with my cell phone. :)



When Leo was a pup, we thought he was a golden sable. Now I think he might be a dark brown sable. They change so much, often it is hard to tell!

1 comment:

Margaret B said...

WOW!!! Leo looks amazing!!! I've never seen him so dark! He's really "bulking" up nice too! Just gorgeous!!!

The changing sables continue to amaze me!

I thought Piston was done changing, now I can't wait to see the next stage :)