Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dayton, OH IABCA Show, Part 1!


This month Leo and I decided to be completely crazy and drive the sixteen hours to Dayton, OH for an IABCA show! Jan of Shamira Shilohs also organized a Shiloh Specialty show for us there, and we had EIGHTEEN Shilohs in the ring! It was fantastic! Here's a shot of The Gang, hanging out. We took up pretty much a whole wall!


The good news: I got photos. The bad news: The lighting was terrible! Apologies for all the blurry shots. :( We had to use no flash to get anything, so the movement shots just didn't turn out. That said, I did get some decent shots--like this great cameo of Piston, who really hit his stride at this show, with three Best of Breed awards AND a Best In Specialty!



I'll be splitting this into three blog entries. We'll start with the shots I'll call "candid"--just people and dogs, hanging out!

The charismatic Hemi--if only I could have smuggled her into my car!

Jan's Shadow, Leo's uncle, side shot:

Jan's Shadow, a portrait: so photogenic!

Jan's Shadow--with an extra set of ears!

Leslee's Sasha, such a beautiful girl with a wonderful temperament!

Mindy's Midori, ready to give a kiss to anyone who greeted her!

Sweet Farrah, bashful about me taking a photo of her with her latest medal!

I didn't get any pictures of Colt, but I did get a photo of "his" baby, Erik. The Shiloh Family did a fantastic job keeping Eric entertained while Rachel was in the ring! Here, Leslee wheeled him in his stroller until he finally fell asleep!

Hemi and Piston, waiting for the next show:

Treasure and Guido, getting ready for the ring:

Jan's lovely Shanna. In the background, Bisou telling her mommy that she loves her!

Bisou. Sadly I had the flash on for this one!

Moose and Guido hanging out:

Bisou, and Sir Tylar catching a nap:

Sir Tylar's back--just could not get a good photo of that boy all weekend!

A couple of Bravo, from the Tanna/Shadow litter. His ears were awesome!



Here's Z and Linda, outside of the ring at the Specialty:

And Bisou, all tired out! Thanks for looking everyone, I'll have more photos up--this time, shots of the dogs in the ring--in a jiffy!

No comments: